Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Random Word Generator

I made a random word generator a very long time ago when I was a kid.

The first one was made in Visual Basic 6, now I made a new one as a web page, also using this opportunity to learn jQuery and jQuery UI.

Its going to spout out nonsensical words that likely don't exist in any language (however, just now I got the word "Sayako" which I think is a Japanese name). I used it to help me make up names for my stories.

Method 1 generates a word out of all English letters without any pattern. Method 2 tries to be more refined by alternating between a consonant and a vowel when choosing letters.

A little story: One time in the first version of this program, I just kept on clicking the Generate button rapidly and it spewed this sequence of words:
(a bunch of random words)
I
AM
(then a bunch of random words)

Did my computer gain sentience, or was God talking to me?

Give it a try: http://anomalousunderdog.herobo.com/RandomWord/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Made me post. 0/10.